Job Location: Boston, MA
Company Name: Sea Machines
Date Posted: 2019-04-02
Valid Through: 2019-04-06
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job ID: 9998823
Autonomy Software EngineerLocationBoston, MA 02128Job TypeFull-time
Sea Machines is a fast-growing startup specializing in autonomous technology for marine vessels. The world’s oceans convey 90% of global commerce.We’re applying practical A.I. and machine learning to disrupt the massive maritime transportation market.Our tech provides ships and workboats the intelligence to work remotely, increases safety for maritime crews, and radically improves operator productivity.
We’re recruiting for an experienced Autonomy Software Engineer. You’ll collaborate with a talented team of mechanical, electrical and control systems engineers working on the innovation and deployment of advanced autonomy systems for commercial marine vessels.The Autonomy Software Engineer designs, develops, tests and integrates software algorithms, applications and APIs for autonomous surface vessel control and monitoring systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, develop, test and integrate advanced software for marine vessel autonomy
- Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
- Maintain software documentation and assist in the development of user documentation
- Participate in field testing & trials.
- Work cross-functionally with technical teams developing autonomy, communications, perception, system interfaces and hardware to execute functional testing, system integration verification and performance validation on new products in automated simulation and in vessel trials.
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Robotics or a related field.
- Prior experience developing software for autonomy, robotics or other complex integrated dynamic hardware applications
- Proficiency in object-oriented software development (C++, Python preferred).
- Experience with ROS, MOOS or equivalent robotics architecture.
- Understanding of computer architecture, embedded system programming
- Experience with software version control (GIT preferred).
- Experience collaborating with other functional teams to seamlessly integrate software and hardware systems.
- Experience with building autonomous systems containing both perception and control.