Job Location: Boston, MA
Company Name: ePac LLC
Date Posted: 2019-04-02
Valid Through: 2019-04-06
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job ID: 9998822
ePac, Flexible Packaging is focused solely on the quick turn-around, short run flexible packaging market. With multiple locations across the USA, ePac offers pre-media, digital printing, laminating, and pouch making services based on state-of-the-art digital printing. ePac is the first company ever to be developed from the ground up around the latest wide-web digital printing technology. ePac is built to harness the full power of digital technology, today and in the future.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Press Operator manages operation of the wide web HP20000 digital press(s) and communicates between Pre-Press and Converting Operator to deliver the laminated product to be converted into the final pouched and rollstock products. Responsible for the efficient operation of printing press which consists of running print webs of plastics substrates (PE, BOPP, PET, and other polymer based substrates). in accordance with specification.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stocks inventory continuously for machines to run product
- Vets print files and job tickets and corrects them as needed with the front office personnel before printing
- Prepares files given to them by the Pre-Press department through the DFE
- Orders supplies to keep both Indigo machines operational
- Performs maintenance on machines as needed
- Keeps the HP up time kit fully stocked and updated
- Works with our Microsoft Dynamics system to efficiently build workflow
- Maintaining quality of materials produced.
- Set up and change over of press from one job to another.
- Loading rolls onto press and unloading finished rolls from press.
- Getting ink, cores, and other supplies required.
- Responsible for the waste of materials used in production.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when press equipment needs repair work.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Could be asked to support other parts of the operations including pouch assistant, slitting, and lamination
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of HP Indigo presses (HP 20000 experience a plus)
- Simple mathematical ability for reports required
- Computer literacy
- Mathematical knowledge
- Ability to read a ruler
- Mechanical skills
- Attention to detail
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 1-3 years in production field related to digital printing preferred
- High school diploma
- HP Operator 1 training desired
- Responsibility in the area of food safety essentials from AIB international 220.127.116.11 section of adequacy of prerequisite and food safety programs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is around, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- ePac believes in a collaborative and cross trained workforce and encourage all employees to learn all facets of production. This role will have the ability to learn and train on operational functions throughout the plants.