Job Location: Boston, MA
Company Name: Sea Machines
Date Posted: 2019-04-02
Valid Through: 2019-04-06
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job ID: 9998825
Marine TechnicianLocationBoston, MA 02128Job TypeFull-time
Sea Machines is a fast-growing startup specializing in autonomous technology for marine vessels. The world’s oceans convey 90% of global commerce. We’re applying practical A.I. and machine learning to disrupt the massive maritime transportation market. Our tech provides ships and workboats the intelligence to work remotely, increases safety for maritime crews, and radically improves operator productivity.
We’re currently recruiting for a Marine Technician to maintain and service our in-house fleet of autonomous outboard and inboard test vessels operating in Boston. This is a full-time, year-round position with competitive benefits and compensation based on your level of experience.
Sea Machines is funded by industry-leading technology investors and we’ve recently introduced our first commercial product, the Sea Machines 300. We’re located on the East Boston waterfront at Jeffries Point, steps away from the Maverick T station and Boston Harbor water taxis.
- Perform preventative maintenance and scheduled service on marine engines, large outboard motors, controls systems and related marine equipment
- Troubleshoot and diagnose vessel engine and controls equipment issues to determine required maintenance and repairs
- Mercury and Honda factory training is a plus.
- Perform electrical and light-mechanical installations on in-house test boats and client’s vessels
- Work with technical teams to test and trial iterations of Sea Machines control technology
- Candidate should have a solid background in understanding vessel mechanical and electrical systems, and the ability to independently problem solve
Requirements and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience performing marine technical service for outboards, inboards and marine electronics
- Working knowledge of all marine systems on power vessels
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree, factory certifications preferred)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation
- Must be eligible to work in the United Statesand able to speak English
- Experienced boat operator preferred