Job Location: Peabody, MA, USA
Company Name: AMETEK
Date Posted: 2019-04-03
Valid Through: 2019-04-29
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job ID: 8887661
Job ID: 14229
TMC is the leader in precision floor vibration isolation technology serving major research centers, OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers, university research laboratories, drug discovery companies, and nanotechnology labs.
We are a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices with annualized sales of $4 billion.
We are actively seeking qualified candidates in the following area: 2nd Shift Machine Operator
We are looking for an experienced person in our Fabrication department to set up and operate a CNC tapping machine and waterjet. The person must to be able to use CNC controls and must be able to understand and follow fabrication prints and work packages. Familiarity with sheet metal fabrication would be a plus.
The person may work individually or as part of a team. Quality of work and attention to detail must be good. Must be able to check own work at different stages and work with minimal supervision in an ISO9000 environment. Position requires the occasional movement of up to 50 pounds. One to three years of experience preferred.
Tasks will vary. In addition to Machine Operator, the job will include:
• Drilling, tapping and grinding of parts
• Use of metal working equipment
• Material Handling and use of overhead crane
• Use of verniers, protractors, squares, tape measures and other measuring devices
• Work in other departments as needed
• Ability to machine a variety of materials
• Must be able to work from prints and follow detailed instructions
• Experience with tooling and fixturing
• Experience with using precision measuring instruments including gauges and electronic indicators
• Ability to use material handling equipment
• Work involves some bending and reaching with lifting up to 50 lbs., and standing for up to 80% of the time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.