Job Location: San Jose, CA
Company Name: Adobe
Date Posted: 2019-04-03
Valid Through: 2019-04-06
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job ID: 2398910
The Adobe Curriculum/Instructional Designer will be responsible for collaborating with Program Managers and SMEs to design, curate and develop/produce curriculum with the purpose of increasing learning effectiveness and performance improvement both for internal Adobe Employees and for Adobe partners.
This position works directly with subject matter experts within Adobe and with our partners as an integral part of a collaborative team responsible for the scoping, design, development, and evaluation/ assessment of online, blended and live learning experiences. This individual will conceptualize and storyboard instructionally sound, interactive, engaging eLearning content, job aids and related materials necessary to support identified learning objectives.
• Work with program managers and subject matter experts to scope, design, develop, curate and manage curriculum
• Analyze business requirements and conduct needs assessments to inform recommended learning experience design
• Scope, design, develop and curate learning experiences using proven adult learning principles, methodologies, and best practices.
• Conceptualizes and storyboards instructionally sound, interactive, engaging web-based course components.
• Develop contextually-rich, engaging, and objective-driven courses and learning experiences that focus on applicable, role relevant, real-world/workplace skills.
• Works within a project management application to document course development process data including time tracking, project comments, and task completion.
• Communicates regularly with stakeholders and subject matter experts during curriculum development process.
• Manage and maintain training curriculum, knowledgebase[s] and documentation of assets
• Designs content for delivery in online environments and completes instructional design documentation to ensure quality and consistency.
• Reviews new and existing courses for quality, currency, and consistency
• 100% accountability for curriculum from agreed learning objectives through to concept, production, delivery and ongoing maintenance.
• Leadership skills with ability to influence others in a positive manner while under time constraints
• Comfortable in a collaborative team-work approach, while driving timelines and deliverables
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to all levels in the organization
• Detail oriented with complex project management experience [5+ years]
• Excellent, proven, project/time management skills to drive self and others to on-time completion.
• Exceptional listening, deductive and problem-solving skills
• Superior visual story-telling skills
• A passion for writing and editing; including ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical learners and visa versa.
• Highly functional in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed environment of constant change
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to manage and prioritize projects in a highly matrixed organization.
• Experience creating content leveraging Adobe products such as: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Spark, Adobe Presenter and Adobe Rush.
• Flexibility and availability to work with international teams across global time zones
• 7+ years of experience in a curriculum and instructional design and development role focused on objective and outcome-based learning.
• Proven experience in working with and positively influencing technical subject matter experts.
• Expertise in designing and developing curriculum in high tech, technical roles focusing on both technical and soft-skill development
• Experience in building and maintaining a curated knowledge-base.
• Expertise in designing, developing, planning and curating training experiences
• Expertise using and developing for multiple learning methods with innate ability to link appropriate methods with content, audience, timeline and budget.
• Experience in visual design (representing visual concepts as well as page layout).
• Administrative experience in various learning management systems.
• Experience designing/developing eLearning, mobile learning, performance support, online tutorials and/or other training materials.
• Expertise in developing eLearning and graphics using HTML-XML, Adobe Captivate (5.0 or 5.5 or higher), Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate Prime and/or other relevant software
Role may include moderate travel.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status
Associated Topics: elearning, instructions, instructional designer salary, instructional design certificate, what is instructional design