Job Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Company Name: Hilton Worldwide
Date Posted: 2019-04-03
Valid Through: 2019-04-29
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job ID: 8887664
The beautiful new Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer square is looking for their next Chief Engineer! A Chief Engineer is responsible for directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square opened in April 2018 and has 282 guest rooms with 14,000 square feet of meeting space and is home to over 150 team members.
The Chief Engineer will report into the General Manager and work closely with the property management team while overseeing a team of 1 Engineering Supervisor and 3 full time team members.
What will I be doing?
As Chief Engineer, you would be responsible for directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and oversee the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Conduct facility inspections
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system. Direct, oversee and maintain required documentation for energy management and conservation and preventive maintenance programs
- Lead, manage and communicate information about capital projects and property rehabilitations, including, but not limited to, scheduling, budgeting and complying with contractor bidding standard Obtain required licenses and permits to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards
- Direct daily department operations including, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, adherence to federal, state and local standards and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!