Job Location: Seattle, WA
Company Name: Moss Adams
Date Posted: 2019-04-11
Valid Through: 2019-04-22
Employment Type: OTHER
Job ID: 23457
Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, it’s a way of doing business in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, we’re excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper.
With more than 3,200 professionals across 25-plus locations in the West and beyond, we provide the world’s most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Editors are part of the Moss Adams Advisory Services (MAAS) team, with primary responsibilities including proofreading, formatting, technical editing, research, navigating workflow, document management, and production for client deliverables, proposals, presentations, training materials, and other practice communications. This position is for a design-focused Editor who will work with the editing design lead to create visually compelling work products that are clear concise, accessible to the intended audience, and meet firm standards and client expectations. Qualified candidates will be highly resourceful, self-motivated, and creative with an eye for good layout and design. This role contributes heavily to the firm’s client service and growth cornerstones by increasing the value-add of our deliverables and internal practice documents.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
• Format and edit client deliverables with speed and accuracy according to English language and firm brand standards and templates; ensure firm quality control standards, as well as client needs and timelines are met; query and resolve content or technical issues with authors
• Facilitate and coordinate the creation of proposals for client service staff from framework and content development, through editing and production
• Assist client service staff with presentation development including identifying correct template, formatting, providing content, and ensuring graphics meet firm standards
• Coordinate resume creation and updates for client service staff, collaborating with marketing and leadership as needed
• Contribute to MAAS-wide communications, such as the newsletter, leadership initiatives, PowerPoint presentations, administrative procedures, and other content pieces
• Assist the Business Manager with special projects as assigned
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Minimum of 1 year of related experience required; experience as a technical editor, copyeditor, or equivalent preferred
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint)
• Strong organizational skills; able to effectively prioritize assignments and competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to articulate complex issues to others
• Ability to understand and quickly learn technical information communicate them in writing or verbally to a variety of audiences
• Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion
• Advanced design, copywriting, technical writing, and content creation skills preferred
• Ability to travel as needed, approximately 5%
• May require some overtime hours
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Keywords: jobs near me, hiring near me, moss adams jobs, moss adams careers, editor jobs, jobs in seattle, media, communications & writing jobs seattle